Mongolians there are talking about a young man named Tzompbat from Nyamjav who lives like a legend in the United States. Because he is a real example of what kind of workers we can achieve if we work tirelessly, starting with Mongolian wisdom and patience. After searching for a long time, I met him when he came to his country for a vacation and invited him to be a “Friday guest”.
– After going through an interesting and adventurous path for life, I heard from the Mongolians there that he is living like a legend in the United States. How long have you lived there?
– It will be nine years. My wife and I live in Chicago, USA with our daughter. He came to his country to rest just before the festival. Will be back soon.
– What is your profession? When and where did you start your life?
– I am a lawyer, now I have many different professions, and there is nothing I cannot do. I am one of five young Mongolians who graduated from the Moscow Military Institute in 1991. Originally, ten people were supposed to graduate, but five were excluded for various reasons. At that time, people from the north used to inspect the military school.
I had no interest in my future career. At that time, only the children of military commanders served in the military. It is still the same. When I arrived, I was going to be sent to Hovd as an investigator. My parents also persuaded me to go. I insisted on not leaving and I got there.
– After leaving the army, unemployed, how did you overcome the difficult period of the card trade at the beginning of democracy, and how did you get married?
“Once, I met my friend and said that he had divorced his wife, and he left feeling sad. She introduced her husband to her classmate. The two of them sat together. I met his wife’s friend and married her. In other words, I married my classmate and she married me.
At that time, my wife’s was behind Baga Toirukur, First Grocery Store. When you go to them, you don’t have to take a bus, you just run to them. That’s how I got a wife. Besides, I now think that my life and the lives of our children would have been completely different if I had gone straight to a married girl at the end of Bayankhoshun.
– Did you get married immediately after meeting your wife?
– A lot of fun. When we were dating, my husband said, “You must be gone.” What is the purpose? “You don’t meet your parents and ask for a daughter-in-law.” So one day I went straight to his house. His mother said, “There is a guy, is it you?” Then he said, “Can you take my daughter and live?” “You graduated from school but you are unemployed.”
I said, “There will be two beggars. “I’m asking for a daughter-in-law,” he said, “What a talkative child you are.” That’s how I asked myself for a wife. But at that time, I was very stupid and thought that I could ask for the bride myself. Later, he told his father that he asked for a bride himself. Later, my father and mother went to talk to them and decided to bring us together. But not long after that conversation, when my wife’s father and mother came to Ulaan-ud, my father had become a god. So my wife and I became a family. Their sister was an accountant at the Five Yellow office at that time. His sister was temporarily sitting in the staff’s room 00 and entered the building.
Our life began in that room. The room is small, with a small TV called “Monel” and a small refrigerator called “Kharkov”, everything is small. My wife was terminated from working at the “Temujin Mench” sewing company. He and his brothers import materials for Russian coats and our man makes clothes. All the broad-shouldered, coat-like coats of that time were sewn. Everyone around us had such coats. Meanwhile, my wife was pregnant and could not sew, so I went to the market to sell one thing. When the child comes out, the money we collect is not enough for the apartment. My mother-in-law vacated one of her rooms and let us in. From that time, I thought that it would not be possible to do something important.
– And what is the topic?
– My younger brother had gone to work in Korea. It’s unclear what’s going on, and they don’t even talk on the phone. I told him about my pain once and he said to come. So, in 1996, when my eldest daughter was five months old, I went to Korea. The money was put in the woman’s large lakan wallet. The customs officials were laughing.
When I went to Korea and got a job at a plastic factory that made car equipment, I got acquainted with capitalism. Digging a sack of stuff will blister your hands and the work is very hard. I learned a lot there, starting with how to wear gloves. While there, he worked in 5-6 factories, such as a desk and chair factory and a synthphone factory. After a little experience, he attracted his wife.
I have been in Korea for 1.6 years and my wife for one year. At that time, in 1998, the global economic crisis occurred, and the company director cut our salaries. What we don’t know is that there was a strike and we lost our jobs in Korea. Both of them earned good money after working, so they came to Mongolia and bought a two-room apartment for 6 million MNT, 120. Even though I don’t have a car, I bought another garage next to my apartment.