On the 10th of this month, there was thunder and heavy rain in the area of Three-Jigarti Bagh, Bohmuren Sum, Uvs Province, and lightning struck the home of herdsman E, and three people were burned. What happened at that time was clarified by the woman who was struck by lightning
Reporter: How badly are you burned? What is your current pain?
-Both legs were burnt from knee to toe. Can’t put on shoes, stand up, sit down. The doctors of Uvs province diagnosed our burns as second degree wounds. I came to Uvs province hospital at night with my two grandsons after being struck by lightning. During the festival, the doctors were off, so they could not take any significant measures. After taking painkillers, applying ointment, cleaning the dirt, he is being treated outside. A comprehensive examination will be given from tomorrow.
Journalist: On which part of the body were the grandchildren burned? How old are the children?
– One is five and the other is seven years old. One of them had burns on his chest and back. But the other one was burned in the abdomen, so both of them can’t move and can’t sleep at night because of their wounds. All three of us have purple blisters and swelling.
Journalist: What happened on the night of lightning? Are there electrical wires or metal objects in your home that could attract lightning or lightning?
– We haven’t been in our camp for a single night, so we haven’t connected the solar mirror, television, mobile phone and electricity yet. We have been living in that area for 5-6 years.
Journalist: How many nights did you spend on the night of lightning?
– All eight of them were sleeping. I was sleeping with my two grandchildren when I was struck by lightning and injured. It looks like lightning struck the three of us. Others managed to get out without being burned.
Reporter: Did the household items burn or get burned by the lightning?
– The linoleum of the house was burnt and burned. Then all the cups, plates and glasses were broken, wardrobes and wooden shelves were broken, mats, clothes, blankets, freezers, solar panels, and batteries were burnt and the house was full of holes, and visibility was limited. Because it was a dangerous thing, I am happy that I survived with my two children, even though I was burned.